Friday, February 1, 2008

How much is too much sugar?

I've spent my day making afternoon tea delights for my nephews birthday party tomorrow.

I started with shortbread - I used one of my Christmas cookie cutters, a bite size dog bone cookie cutter, and my new Already Been Chewed cookie cutters.



My shortbread men looked a bit plain so I added some faces....


And then because it was still early, I had warm shortbread for breakfast....

Next on my list was Chocolate truffle balls. I bought this new blender last week from the Sunbeam factory outlet near Highpoint. It blitzed the Marie biccies in about 30 seconds flat. It also scared the living daylights out of me because I didn't realise just how much noise it was going to make. Much easier than bashing the biscuits inside a bag for fifteen minutes while spilling it all over the floor.

By the time I'd finished, lo and behold, time for morning tea.....two truffles for me....

Then onto chocolate crackles......making chocolate crackles doesn't really encourage me to eat them. I don't want to think about copha....I didn't eat any.......



Last of all - gingernut caramels. These were the quickest and easiest to make. They are also exstremely scrummy! Ok, it's just about time for afternoon tea and I think a couple of these with a cup of tea would be lovely....


All I have left to make now is some fresh tatziki (not sure if I spelt that correctly) and some fresh carrot dip (hopefully this will make up for the sugar fix). If you never hear from me again, I am in a sugar induced coma.

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

Gosh you are a nice auntie! Great work.

Cath said...

Phew - do you cater for other birthday parties? Hope the sugar goes off at the party.