Friday, December 5, 2008

But I thought it was Christmas

There was a chocolate emergency at my house lastnight....I searched high and low, and up and down, and in and out, and I couldn't find any chocolate in the house.

Never one to be defeated, I searched again into the deep dark crevices of the pantry and found..... one little leftover Lindt Bunny from Easter (he is now completely headless).
It's only just occurred to me that Easter was quite a long time ago, so it probably would have been wise to check the use by date before I chomped on his head..... but I don't have food poisoning so it must all be okay.

Thank goodness... crisis averted again. Now please remind me to buy chocolate on my travels today!

If you haven't yet entered my giveaway, there's still time.

9 comments:

Leonie said...

When I was a kid the use by date on chocolate (if stored properly) was approximately 7 YEARS from purchase. Makes you wonder whether it doesn't last as long now, they were lying then, OR they just want you to buy more now!!!

trash said...

Wow! Imagine how many of bunnies you would end up with if you left them for seven years!!!

Drewzel said...

I'm impressed Bunny made it past Easter...it wouldn't have at my place!

Love the new blog template :D

ps. don't forget to buy chocolate today.

Anonymous said...

oh what a crisis!! a girl with no chocolate in the house, that just won't do!! There should be a delivery service like pizza don't you think?? so happy you found bunny.

Cass said...

No way it would have lasted that long in this house. Obviously it was well hidden

edward and lilly said...

That lil bunny wouldn't have lasted a week in my house!

Christina Lowry said...

Surely a bunny as cute as that would never mean to hurt you?! I though chocolate had a long life span too, just not many people seem able to put it to the test. Maybe you could do an experiment on the bunny?! :)

Meg said...

how on earth did lindt last that long? in desperation i have been known to eat a date pretending it is chocolate - only to be sorely disappointed.... :( but with that smug feeling that i will be healthy(but miserable). BUY CHOCOLATE TODAY!!!

Liesl said...

How funny - a couple of months ago, I did just the same. But it wasn't from last Easter ... it was from the one before!! (In a chocolate emergency I'm really not that discerning about best-before dates).