Thursday, December 11, 2008

The long and the short of it

I'm still madly sewing away, trying to tick pressies off the handmade christmas list...

I found this groovy fabric at Savers a few weeks ago on one of my adventures with Big Cat. It's a really heavy cotton and there was about 2 metres in total.


The little girl who is receiving the twirly skirt has a big brother who is 4 years old, so I made him what was supposed to be a pair of shorts (obviously my pattern adjusting skills leave a lot to be desired). I think these will end up being more like knickerbockers, but I think they'll still look really cute with a blue t-shirt and a pair of brown leather sandals.

These ones are for a friends little boy who is 1.75 years old.... so somewhere in-between the 18 months sizing and size 2 clothing. I'm really hoping that these ones fit, but at least they actually look like shorts, and not knickerbockers.

Now, back to the list!


7 comments:

Kirsty said...

That fabric is great Cam.

Liesl said...

That fabric is sensational. Longs always become shorts later! They look great.

Kat said...

They are cute shorts. I have never made pants before. I am going to try and make some pj pants before I got back to uni. Mum said pj pants would be a good beginner project before I try to make proper pants.

Shellbells said...

soo love that stripe!!! nice to know i am not the only amateur when it comes to pattern adjusting!!! lol

Jade said...

Very cute shorts - love the stripes :)

Michelle said...

love that fabric it is great for boys shorts...
and long shorts are VERY in...

Bellgirl said...

Two fine pairs of strides- love the colours!