Monday, December 1, 2008

Crazy Good

Well it was one of those days yesterday..... it all just started out a little crazy.

I was supposed to meet Big Cat at the Bizarre Bazaar in the morning, but someone in their infinite wisdom decided to not only close St Kilda Road to traffic, but also close the Arts Centre and Ballet Centre carparks, (for a fun run) so it was physically impossible for me to access the Bizarre Bazaar. I must say that I was very disappointed..... but with the crazy bit over, I headed straight to the Design Market.

Cathy met me there, and we checked out all the loveliness on offer and made a few purchases. It was quite busy, but not as squishy as the last one. There was still a bit of elbowing going on to try to get near the stalls for a look. I bought the lovely red necklace by Elk and I can't wait to wear it!

We made a pitstop for lunch (I think in Brunswick). I don't take much notice of where I am geographically, I just take directions and keep driving.
Lunch was lovely....mmmm grilled bacon and tomato on toast, and cappucino. I would have taken a photo but I forgot to bring my camera....drats.

Last stop on the whistlestop tour was Nikki's Pattern Launch. Kerry was there giving a helping hand, and we were able to check out all of the bag making supplies, and to meet Nikki before our purse making course next Saturday.

I bought her new Kids Hat Pattern and I also treated myself to a Clover Yo-Yo maker (I'm a sucker for a nifty gadget)!

All in all, a fantastic day out!


17 comments:

Shellbells said...

I love your taste in necklaces this one is gorgeous!!! must post a picki with it on!!!

Drewzel said...

Yeah, necklace will look gorgeous on you!

Amy Badskirt said...

I loved your necklace. I ran over to Elk and made a giant Christmas wishlist which I sent to Craig. I never ask for jewelry, but Elk won me over. Thanks for the headsup!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Sounds like a top day out -you Melbourne girls have all the fun!!

Liesl said...

That's a stunning necklace. What a fabulous colour. Apart from the fun run, it sounds like a lovely day.

I'm afraid that I didn't just stop at the kid's hat pattern at Nikki's! (Four patterns, snaps, bag feet, ruler, interfacing, basting spray ... my goodness ... I went crazy.)

Have fun at the purse course - can't wait to see the finished project.

Libby said...

wow that's beautiful. I'd love one of those for chrissy, is it too late to change my eye spy.

Cindy said...

Oh crap, I knew there was something on Sunday I wanted to do. It looks like a fab day out, even if the fun runners put a kink in the plan. This necklace is devine.

Taccolina said...

Yay, what a great day! I was at similar markets, though I ducked out of the pattern launch, due to public transport nightmare in the northern suburbs. I was keeping an eye out for you and Cathy at the design market, but we must have been there at a different time. Great stuff, I got completely overwhelmed!

Cathy said...

love that necklace - sounds like you had a very full and eventful day.

edward and lilly said...

This necklace is to die for, I love elk so much.

Nikki said...

You girls were busy!!! SO glad you stopped by to say hello. I feel very honoured that you took the time and didn't opt out after the design market.

Looking forward to Saturday. I'm looking up mulled wine recipes.... wondering about the best time to serve it.... We need fairly accurate stitching!

Nikki said...

... oh, and enjoy the yo-yo maker. I have one in every size. They're a bit addictive.

Sherrin said...

gorgeous necklace Cam. Sounds like you had a great day, even if the Great Melb FunRun kinda put a halt to some plans.

Kirsty said...

I love the necklace Cam.

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Gorgeous necklace, love, love, love!!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Ohhh... I love that necklace! Just my style!

Bec said...

Wow, that necklace is divine!!! Sounds like a great day - craziness and all :D