Monday, December 29, 2008

Just a minute....in December


It's nearing the end of the month.... and the end of the year.
2008 has certainly been a chaotic adventure, and the consequences will be felt for a long time to come. There have been good times and bad times, and one spectacularly huge bump along the way. As Friedrich Nietzsche said ' That which does not kill us makes us stronger'..... and so day to day life goes on.

Reading:
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. This is an amazing story of growing up and surviving in a disfunctional family. I'm nearly finished - just need a little more time on the couch.
The next book on the list is the follow up to Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs - Knit Two. My sister bought it last week and is going to pass it on to me once she's finished reading it.

Watching:
I really enjoyed the Project Runway finale last week, and the Top Chef finale this week. There was also a great show on the Lifestyle Channel this week - Brendans Green Gift - which was a one hour program about a show garden built by volunteers for a sustainable living expo. This is well worth watching if you have Foxtel, even more so because it has Brendan Moar!

Eating:
Lots and lots and lots of chocolate..... need I say more

Making:
Lots of handmade gifts for christmas.
I'm deliberating about what I should start next. I want to make a couch quilt for myself, a skirt for myself (that fits this time), some kids hats, and some shop stock so that I can attempt a market next year.

Join in Just a Minute by visiting Jen over at August Street.

4 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I might like to borrow both of those books if you and your sister are happy to share.

Looking forward to seeing what you start making next.

Cindy said...

Here's to a happy and healthy 2009! I so LOVE your TV viewing too. That Project runway finale was great.

Anonymous said...

Tinniegirl .happy to share the books. Aren't good books better shared :-).

Curlypops..you are stronger, it is amazing how you have picked up and moved forward. Everyone that sees all the beautiful things you create knows they are from a creative soul and a generous heart.
The new year will bring new projects a new start and my wish for you is simple... health and happiness.

Your big sister, grateful recipient of loads of beautiful curlypops originals.

Kat said...

I want to read the new Kate Jacobs book too. I loved the friday night knitting club.