Monday, December 29, 2008

Just a December

It's nearing the end of the month.... and the end of the year.
2008 has certainly been a chaotic adventure, and the consequences will be felt for a long time to come. There have been good times and bad times, and one spectacularly huge bump along the way. As Friedrich Nietzsche said ' That which does not kill us makes us stronger'..... and so day to day life goes on.

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. This is an amazing story of growing up and surviving in a disfunctional family. I'm nearly finished - just need a little more time on the couch.
The next book on the list is the follow up to Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs - Knit Two. My sister bought it last week and is going to pass it on to me once she's finished reading it.

I really enjoyed the Project Runway finale last week, and the Top Chef finale this week. There was also a great show on the Lifestyle Channel this week - Brendans Green Gift - which was a one hour program about a show garden built by volunteers for a sustainable living expo. This is well worth watching if you have Foxtel, even more so because it has Brendan Moar!

Lots and lots and lots of chocolate..... need I say more

Lots of handmade gifts for christmas.
I'm deliberating about what I should start next. I want to make a couch quilt for myself, a skirt for myself (that fits this time), some kids hats, and some shop stock so that I can attempt a market next year.

Join in Just a Minute by visiting Jen over at August Street.


Tinniegirl said...

I might like to borrow both of those books if you and your sister are happy to share.

Looking forward to seeing what you start making next.

cindy said...

Here's to a happy and healthy 2009! I so LOVE your TV viewing too. That Project runway finale was great.

Anonymous said...

Tinniegirl .happy to share the books. Aren't good books better shared :-). are stronger, it is amazing how you have picked up and moved forward. Everyone that sees all the beautiful things you create knows they are from a creative soul and a generous heart.
The new year will bring new projects a new start and my wish for you is simple... health and happiness.

Your big sister, grateful recipient of loads of beautiful curlypops originals.

Kat said...

I want to read the new Kate Jacobs book too. I loved the friday night knitting club.