1. Bunting 4, 2. flying ducks wip, 3. Biancas handbag 1, 4. Edna 1, 5. Dress1 2, 6. Go Granny Cotton - 3, 7. Becs Cushion 1, 8. Go granny blue, 9. Treasure bags, 10. Dress 1, 11. Granny shade - evening, 12. Couch, 13. iphone pouches, 14. WA Bag 2, 15. chooky cushion 3, 16. Beads 1, 17. Red Brooch 1, 18. Cloth doll - dress, 19. Teatowel bag , 20. Brooches, 21. Flowerpress tea towel bag 1, 22. Dolly apron dress front, 23. Doiley skirt 2, 24. Desert Island - blue and yellow, 25. CurlyPops 5, 26. Pocket mirrors 2, 27. humphrey 3, 28. Texta Roll - owl - close up, 29. Kitchenaid Cover 1, 30. T-shirt quilt finished 1, 31. Shell close up, 32. Apron 1, 33. Connors pencilcase close up, 34. CurlyPops 1, 35. In Full Bloom 4, 36. Ruffle Skirt 2
Thank goodness 2011 is over. It really has been my annus horribilus. I don't like to whinge and whine in this space, but seriously, this year had quite a few sucky bits!
A New Years Day ambulance trip and a week in hospital, another few days in hospital having lots of horrible tests, and eventually being listed for transplant....
There were various battles over medical funding with both federal and state beauracracy.......... and then there was that false alarm....
Just for my own amusement, I'm going back to the list that I made at the start of the year to see what I managed to tick off.
- Stay out of hospital (that one actually is my number one priority)! (half tick)
- Have more fun (half tick)
- Work on more illustrations (half tick)
- Work on more textile art pieces (half tick)
- Apply to take part in a group exhibition (gold star - I took part in 2 this year)
- Indulge more in my love of eating lunch at nice cafes (gold star)
- Remember that exercise is a necessary evil (half tick - I haven't missed many PR sessions)
- Spend more time properly planning meals and cooking for myself (fail - no interest in cooking)
- Experiment with more coffee blends and make a shortlist of my favourites (half tick)
- Procrastinate less (have decided that procrastination is actually part of my creative process)
- Remember that me time on the couch watching trashy tv is good for my soul (half tick)
- Improve my writing skills (fail)
- De-clutter more of my life (gold star)
Overall, I'm pretty happy with that list of things.
There's no list for this year - living in limbo, and waiting for a phone call that will change your life forever sort of negates the need for any forward planning. I'm not going to indulge/frustrate my inner control freak by making plans that I know I can't keep.
Instead, here's a teeny tiny little look back at some really amazing stuff that happened in 2011.
- The Hottie Challenge
- Cosmo Magazine Fun Fearless Female Nomination in the blogging category
- The release of my Go Granny fabric printed right here in Melbourne (and it was the inaugural Frankie & Swiss order).
Looking back through my flickr stream, I can see that even with the sucky bits, I really managed to achieve a lot.
So, it's hooray to a brand new fresh year. Hopefully a year that will bring me some new lungs..... and a brand new lease on life!