Friday, November 14, 2008

Love Fridays

Today I'm lovin' Friday just because it's not 34 degrees and humid!



I'm also lovin' all these Golden Hands magazines that Belinda gave me on Wednesday. They finally made it out of the car today!


My mum has been down to the country this week to help my sister out with some gardening.
The stash above is what she bought back from the oppy for me....

I popped into an oppy on the way home from pulmonary rehab today to find my myself some shorts for summer. I've lost a bit of weight so everything I own is falling down and I'm getting really sick and tired of hitching up my pants.

I found the peacock pillowcase above, all of the fabric below, a pair of shorts, and a skirt for $10.
So much for decluttering the house and the fabric stash.

Now that's definitely a reason to Love Friday....

.....and if you haven't been over to visit Big Cat today, then you definitely should, because there's a fantastic suprise in store!




12 comments:

Shellbells said...

I love the green material that your mum got at the oppy!!! Definately much to be loving Friday's. I too had some good friday news...I actually lost weight!!!

Have a great weekend my dear

Missie Krissie said...

Wow, love the peacocks! I'm happy too, though only after finishing work! :)

Anonymous said...

what a great haul of fabric and that pillowcase! I can't believe it, I have the very same one I bought at an op shop quite some time ago, I think I have it in FLickr! Amazing. LOVE your softie too for Mirabel, very cute

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

What a fabulous op-shop score! I love the peacocks!

Gillian R said...

Wow the peacocks!! I just had a little giggle as I had a visual of the peacocks pecking you on the ear whilst you are asleep! tee hee.. :)

The Essess said...

Hope you like the retro flower sheet, I thought it might be good for panels on the handbags??
That Peacock pillowcase reminds me of the peacocks at Penshurst or Hamilton someone we knew had? Was the male named Andrew like the politician??

muralimanohar said...

It's a darn good thing I never find anything near as cool as those peacocks when *I* go thrifting. I would be so frozen by indecision on which perfect thing to make with it, that it would sit in my stash for years and years.

Yepp, that was me trying to stifle insane jealousy. :p

Oh, btw, the button came!! Thank you SO SO much!! :D

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Nice additions to the stash there. You've got a bit of reading to keep you going too.

Liesl said...

You always manage to find the best stuff at the oppy. What an excellent haul for $10!

Elizabeth said...

yay for friday!

and yay for fabric!

happy day to you!

Kate Moore said...

The stash is great. And YAH! for losing weight. Op shops are good for the downsize slide. I lost 20 kg a couple of years ago and did all my downsize slide shopping at op shops. (pretty easy when you do almost ALL your clothes shopping at op shops).

Unknown said...

I'd never heard of Golden Hands until recently I was given a whole pile too - there's no way I'm giving mine away!