Saturday, November 29, 2008

A second adoption

The postie was nice enough to leave a big box on my doorstep yesterday afternoon.






I was expecting Jane the Kiwi to arrive.... so I was quite suprised when I picked up the box and realised how heavy it was.



Inside was this huge package of goodies!



It seems that Jane needed some nesting material to accompany her on her long journey from Sydney to Melbourne......

She bought along some very useful and very timely quilting magazines....

.....and some beautiful fabrics in my favourite colours!

I took Jane on a tour of the house and garden so that she would feel at home. Here she is checking out the potplants.....

....and getting acquainted with the cat
She even tried to jump the fence and go for a swim (I didn't realise Kiwi's liked water so much)...

But in the end, she found a nice comfy spot in the high chair in the kitchen with her new best friend Cherry. If you look closely, you can see that Cherry is even giving her a cuddle...so sweet!

If you love Jane the Kiwi as much as I love Jane the Kiwi, then you can head on over to Amy's Badskirt blog, or her Made It shop and adopt Jane's sister/brother/cousin etc....

Thankyou Amy.


7 comments:

Amy Badskirt said...

I knew Jane would have a great time with you! Thanks for looking after her and thanks for the link back to the shop!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Warms your heart to see her fitting right in.

angelique said...

You are one lucky gal!

Selina said...

very sweet, its nice to have a friend, they look happy together

Anonymous said...

love that last photo of Jane and Cherry

Drewzel said...

:D

Juddie said...

so lovely!