Wednesday, November 5, 2008

On My Desk.....on a Wednesday

On my desk today is an absolute disaster!

I was making myself a new handbag yesterday afternoon and decided to overlock the seams as the fabric was fraying quite easily. There was a section of the seam that was thick and the overlocker became stuck before spitting out the left needle...aaaggghhhh.

The needle was still threaded and I managed to work out how to put it back in, but now the threads are not overlocking. I've tried to follow the diagrams in the instructions and on the overlocker but I just can't work it out. I ended up being so frustrated that I had to just walk away and leave it......

Maybe I'll try again later today.

You can find all the 'On My Deskers' over here!

13 comments:

Miss Muggins said...

Oh I so hate that! I have the same overlocker as you and i find the only way to fix such disasters is to unthread everything and start over. Got a few spare hours??? ha ha!!!

edward and lilly said...

Oh, that sounds really full on, I hope you work it out!

Lisa said...

I have a recurring nightmare that my overlocker becomes un-threaded or a needle needs to be put back in. It came unthreaded once so I "happened" to take it in for a service! Good luck

Michelle said...

it's bad enough when i break a needle on the sewing machine...
that just looks scary...

Kirsty said...

I hope you managed to sort it out Cam.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's so frustrating! Wish I could help but my overlockers about 30 years old!

Cindy said...

Oh no I hate techinical problems. Once you get it sorted the first time you will learn so much about how the little sucker works.

Liesl said...

Oh no! When overlockers are behaving they are very good and when they misbehave they are absolutely evil.

I once had a very similar problem (huge jam on a thick seam, big palaver fixing everything and then no stitching) and found that it was because I was so engrossed in the needles and threading that I left the presser foot up by accident. Apparently the overlocker won't stitch when you do this! Of course, that's not to say that you would do such a thing! Hope you get it sorted soon.

Michelle said...

Agggh, annoying! I don't even have an overlocker and can feel the pain!

Michelle said...

hope you get your overlocker sorted out soon

JuliaB said...

Hello .. i've done that too! bizarrely it seems always to be a threading problem .. you have to unthread it all then thread it back up again from right to left ... that usually works for me. But I agree that at the time one just wants to throw it out the window! x

Nicola said...

Good luck with the re-threading. My overlocker had issues 9years ago and is still not rethreaded!

Beth said...

Oh no! This sounds absolutely terrible! Good luck with it!