Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Supper - Savoury Mince


I'm joining in for Sunday Supper hosted by Pip at Meet Me at Mikes....

This is another one of those recipes that is based on whatever I can find in the fridge.

Ingredients:
500g lean mince beef
1 tsp minced garlic
1 brown onion - chopped
1 green capsicum - chopped
1 zucchini - chopped
1 large carrot - chopped or grated
2 cans tomato puree
2 heaped teaspoons Smokey Tomatina spice blend or just use any spice blend that you like

This one is really simple......add the garlic and all the chopped vegies to a large frypan and saute in a little olive oil. Once the vegies have softened, add the mince and brown. Then add the two cans of tomato puree and the spice blend and simmer for 15 minutes.

Serve with rice or pasta. This would also be great as a taco or burrito filling with lettuce, diced tomato and cheese.


4 comments:

Beth said...

I remember hearing about Screaming Seeds a while ago, and was going to order something but was so overwhelmed by choice that I just didn't buy anything! (I'm hopeless when it comes to decision making like that). So the Smokey Tomatina might be worth a shot?

Sasparilla Sue said...

Mmmmmmm that looks yummy!

Michelle said...

I make this, but I do the 1970s version - Continental Heart Beef Soup Mix instead of the spince mix. And it's yum served in pita pockets with lots of lettuce and cheese too!

Mookah Studio said...

i do a similar version of this, but I have mine on toast.