Sunday, July 27, 2008

This is........a boozebus!

This weeks 'This is' theme is free form so I'm choosing lastnight's adventures......

We went to my sisters house for afternoon tea and then decided to stay on and order some take-away pizza for dinner.

Before the pizza arrived, the twins needed to have a bath. While Noah was having a bath, I put Zane on the change mat and undressed him so he that he was ready to go. I picked him up and stood right next to the bath and was about to put him in when..........he wee'd all over me!

We were on the way home later in the night when we were pulled over by the boozebus. I explained to the nice police officer that he probably wouldn't be able to get a reading because I can't blow into the breathtester for long enough for it to register. He was very polite (usually they're snarly when I tell them) and made me try three times anyway (unsuccessfully)......then he stuck his head in the window and said he was doing the 'smell test' instead!

He obviously couldn't smell any alcohol on me.......but I just hope he didn't think that I'd wee'd myself!!!

Head on over to Three Buttons to see who else is playing along....


22 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a funny story!!

Jacinta said...

Great story. I haven't seen a booze bus in ages. Obviously don't get out enough!
Have a great Sunday

Liesl said...

That's hilarious! Luckily no laws against continence problems :)

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

That is so funny!! I bet you couldn't even smell the wee!!

Anonymous said...

great story

Bec said...

Ha ha, that story's an absolute pisser (sorry, couldn't help myself :P) I wonder if he thought he just scared the bejeezus out of you so much you wet yourself. How funny - thanks for the belly laugh :)

Marita said...

Gosh the police officer was persistent. I had a laugh though!

flossy-p said...

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!

He's probably thinking to himself your reason for not being able to blow into the breathtester was because you couldn't bare to take a deep enough breath in through the pee smell :)

hehehehe, now I'm giggling at all the lines you could have given him: "No officer, I haven't been drinking, I'm just a little bit pissed", tehehehe.

Great post :)

Jenaveve said...

Oh dear... lovely way to end a night hey? Can't believe they still made you try 3 times!

Reenie said...

Hilarious !! I remember the first time i ever was breathtested. I was 18, had only got my full licence a few weeks earlier. And when he handed the breathalyser I just did what i normally do when at the doctors for my asthma tests. I took a HUUUGE breath in, and blew out as hard as I could (coz that's what I normally have to do to measure my lung capacity). And the cop looked at me like I was a nutter and said "Steady on love, you don't need to blow the guts out of it".. Hee hee.. still makes me laugh remembering that.

PS Flossy-P.. that's the best comment ever.. I laughed so much when I read that...

Mon @ bpab said...

Well done!
This is why we have kids isn't it??

Nikki said...

What a hoot! My mother used to say "listeners don't hear any good of themselves". I can't help thinking something similar in relation to the police officer's persistence in being a SNIFFER... if he smelled wee, then he got what he deserved for hassling you.

Jenny said...

Glad you didn't hyperventilate! Very funny story:)

Anna-Lisa said...

Very funny. When I first saw the post I thought you may have been caught over the limit. Glad you weren't!

Kirsty said...

Great story Cam & yes Flossy P - too funny.

Cass said...

That's funny. We have some units up in NSW that you just talk into and it does the reading.

Michelle said...

How funny!!! Pretty persistent policeman, I'm sure he couldn't smell anything!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Hehehe! Great story!

Lisa [strickerin] said...

That is too funny and FlossyP, your just a little pissed has me roaring even louder with laughter.

Moiface said...

So funny!

Stacey said...

Gives new meaning to "getting on the piss" doesn't it?

Maureen Reynolds said...

What a funny story, only to be topped with funny comments!

Quite a day!