Thursday, July 3, 2008

Channelling or Coincidence?

Do you ever have one of those days where a really strange coincidence happens and it's just unexplainable........???

I decided to go through the stash lastnight to pick out some fabric for The Great Pants Challenge. I emailed Sherrin to get a couple of tips on fabric selection because I truly had no idea what I was doing......(thanks for those great tips and photos Sherrin).

I decided on corduroy because I knew that I had some in the stash from a recent shopping expedition..... and because Sherrin showed me how to match up the grain!

I recently joined up for a little pincushion swap with Fi and Michelle.... and in todays mail is this beautiful little pincushion from Michelle. It has my favourite colours, favourite print (floral of course), and corduroy (one of my fave fabrics)! The photo doesn't show it but on the front, the grain of the corduroy is perfectly horizontal, but on the back it's perfectly vertical...fab detail!
Thanks so much Michelle...I love it!

....and now for the freaky bit....this is the corduroy fabric that I pulled out the stash lastnight and left on my kitchen bench for today......

......only to discover that it's only big enough to make half a pair of pants (drats)!

14 comments:

JustJess said...

She knows what you like!! It is rather freaky... Are you making pants for the nephews? There will clearly HAVE to be another trip to the remnant bin at Spotlight! Any excuse!

alby said...

One woman's half-pants is another woman's culottes :) Or 100 great pincushions!

Beth said...

What an adorable pin cushion! Lucky you!
Shame about the corduroy. You could always make them into shorts, instead? :P

mill said...

oh my gosh, that's spooky..

Betty Jo said...

Great minds and all that...!!! The flowery fabric on the pin cushion is all most table clothy! Very cute.

Sherrin said...

what size are the pants you're making? I might have enough of that same cord in a diff colour. I think I have purple and black left. I don't use it any more, so you're welcome to it if you like?

Lilli boo said...

God i love cords....I remember when I first moved to Melbourne I bought some very cool purple hipster cordoury pants..unfortunately they stretched, i changed shape..wish I had held onto them..Anyway I hope someone had the forsight to maybe turn them into a gorgeous pincushion! Long shorts are in , I'm with Beth J..make shorts...surprise yourself!

Maureen Reynolds said...

LOL..just one red leg. Nice matching of the two fabrics. They look designed to go together.

Rachael said...

Thank you for visting my blog. The next part of the tutorial will be us very soon... I hope you find it interesting or helpful or at least something to pass the time if you are bored at any stage!

Very freaky corduroy coincidence!

Bec said...

LOVE a bit of synchronicity - I always tell myself that it is a sign that life is on the right track....not sure what I've based that on...actually I think I may have just made it up one day...but the idea makes me happy:)

Michelle said...

Hey, that is a co-incidence isn't it!! Glad you like it, I love mine!!!

Liesl said...

Corduroy is clearly the fabric of choice! I'm addicted to the stuff. I have more than 40 metres of it in different colours in my stash! I might be able to help with an exact colour match if you're running a bit short for the pants.

Drewzel said...

Can't you make some of those kewl capri-length type ones?
yummy pincushion too! yay!

Drewzel said...

PS. I tagged you for a music meme too Cam!