Monday, July 28, 2008

Look Cathy....I did it!

I missed the inaugural Thornbury Sewing Bonanza a couple of weeks ago.....

To make up for it, I had an absolutely lovely Sunday afternoon of fabric swooning, crafty show and tell, crafty gadget demonstrations, crochet lessons, crafty book browsing, latte's and choccy biscuits all courtesy of the fabulously generous Cathy aka Big Cat!

Lookie here! After an afternoon granny square lesson from Cathy, I managed to come home and actually make my own granny square all by myself (ok, it's taken a loooooong time and multiple lessons but I finally did it)! I grabbed my crochet book and looked at the instructions and it sort of started to make sense...... Now I want to make lots more granny squares!

.....and look at this gorgeous piece of vintage fabric that Cathy gave me....OMG I cannot wait to make myself a fabulous handbag (I'm not sharing this fabric...I'm keeping it all for me, me, me).


16 comments:

Kirsty said...

Unbelievable fabric - you lucky girl. Great work with the granny squaring!

Danielle said...

Those granny squares are awesome! Well done.

Michelle said...

Yay for crochet! Another one joins the cult!

And the fabric is fabulous! You should absolutely make something for yourself out of it!

Kitty said...

fantastic work Cam! you really are too cute, I like your excitement & that fabric is delightful. have a great week.

Georgie Love said...

thank YOU lovely craft-lady!

Unfortunately, due to a late-organised senior family birthday BBQ, I am now forced to miss the mixtogether! :-( I am quite disappointed (and so is the journal... I um... sourced, rather than made). I KNOW there will be more.

So, next time... hopefully? :-)

Shellbells said...

am pea green...fabric is to die for!!!

Unknown said...

That's great - I learnt last week too! We should organise some kind of group granny-square project, where everyone does just one so they're all completely different... could be interesting? :)

Sarah said...

well done! lovely granny squares + that fabric is 2die4!

Jen said...

Hi I love the granny squares!
I've just tagged you! I hope you don't mind! Pop over to see what you have to do (that's only if you want to!)

Liesl said...

You've just blown my one-month-for-a-granny square target out of the water. Hmmm - I'd better get my skates on. The squares look fantatsic!!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Excellent. I'm so pleased that the lesson was helpful. Your granny square looks perfect. Happy hooking!!!

PaisleyJade said...

That fabric is sooooooo nice.

Crafty Things said...

Way to go - just keep crocheting and then all of a sudden you will have lots and lots of little squares to join into bigger squares to have a terrific blanket to snuggle under in this chilly winter weather.

glorydaze said...

gorgeous fabric! Well done on the crochet to.

Jenaveve said...

Hey great work! Must admit, never tried crochet but it looks cool. So does that fabric...

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

You were so quick getting your granny squares done! My sister forced me to do a colour change when she taught me - I really just fudged the change, so it doesn't look too tidy!