Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A hooking nice suprise

You've probably read all about my complaining that I still don't get the knack of how to crochet......

Well then...... I arrived home thisafternoon to find a huge package stuffed into my letterbox (that reminds me that I need to get Mr CurlyPops to build me a bigger letterbox)........

Inside the package was four balls of yarn and the most amazing vintage crochet book that I've ever seen from Belinda at Project Incomplete.
It was originally published in 1971 and this one is a reprint from 1972.


It's so fantastic, it explains everything in detail and has really clear diagrams of all the different stitches..... It even has this sweet little crochet hook chart....

This is my favourite project in the book....

.....and inside the back cover are photos, patterns, and handwritten notes from the original owner. Belinda left them all inside so that the original owners crochet mojo might just rub off onto me....he he he

Thankyou so much Belinda, this was just the most lovely suprise ever!

11 comments:

Danielle said...

What a lovely suprise!! Good luck with the crochet am sure you will get it in no time... you can't do worse than my 3-4 weeks before I got to something that slightly resembled a granny square ;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! You'll be crochetting like a demon in no time.

Liesl said...

Ooops .... I was going to say that you'll be hooking like a pro, but I really don't think that sounds very polite. Anyway, enjoy your Guide to Crochet - it looks terrific! I hope you are starting with a simple project like the crochet wedding dress first?

JustJess said...

That's a great treasure - what a lovely blogger is Miss Belinda. Good luck with the Granny squares - maybe you can whip up an afghan!

Christie said...

Wow- what great loot!

I can't wait to see what you make.

Michelle said...

Nothing better than a surprise in the letter box. Good luck with the crochet - I'm sure you will get there.

Michelle

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous! Good luck with the crocheting :)

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Love a surprise in the mail, and this one's no exception! The wedding dress is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

Crafters are so generous.....what a lovely surprise
Sharon

LBA said...

that wedding gown is making me swoon.

BTW, *ahem* - it is just me .. but does Magnum 8-Ply make anyone else think = Magnum P.I. ?

Because it tickled my fancy...

meetmeatmikes said...

Oh hurrah for hooking!