Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The luckiest girl in the world

I've been chuckling away all morning reading all the comments from my Getting Old post yesterday.....
It's so nice to know that I'm in good company (hehe).....

Anyway, I'm feeling like the luckiest girl in the world today, and here's why:

1. I slept in until 10.00 AM

2. My kitchen smells beautiful today because my sister bought me these beautiful flowers yesterday and a really sweet card as a thankyou for helping out with the new babies and the older boys.....


3. This beautiful pressie arrived in yesterday mail from Fi over at Dear Fii.....

It's a floral wrist pincushion.....it's gorgeous and very comfy to wear. This will be fab when I'm flitting between the cutting bench, the ironing board, and the sewing machine (all I need now is something to stop me from stabbing myself all the time while I'm pinning things)!

4. I won a retrospective been away giveaway over on Jodie's Ric-Rac blog so one of these sweet little birdies is coming to live at my house! Even though I didn't officially enter, and there was no official giveaway going on, I still won! How lucky can I be?

8 comments:

Crafty Things said...

Seems like your winning streak is still going strong - winning a giveaway that was not official! Just goes to show that leaving a comment can lead to just about anything.

Jenaveve said...

Yeah, we'll all be growing old together in the blogosphere!

Some great pressies there... lovin' the Ric Rac birdies - v.cute.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a fab day you are having! Lucky you for winning a little birdie, they are so cute, and the wristlet pincushion is a great idea!

Sandi said...

Wow, you are very lucky. Such lovely surprises. Cute little birdies.

Gillian R said...

Yay, you got one too!! Mine's hanging happily in my studio.
Beautiful colour for the scarf. I wish I could knit!

Drewzel said...

You deserve all the goodness you get!
And I'm just a teensy bit jealous of the birdies :P

Bird Bath said...

oohh the birdies are cute..i think we could call you luckypops ;)

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Wow, you are a lucky girl! Beautiful flowers, beautiful pincushion and beautiful birdies in a cage!