OK the poll is now closed and the result is .......................... triumph yah!
After not having enough corduroy fabric for the pants, I went searching through the stash to see what else I could find........and ended up with this camo print cotton drill. I made the pants according to the pattern which was a Size 2. I had to read the instructions about fifty times to see what to do next because I've never used a clothing pattern in my life....I usually just make it up as I go along. I'm actually quite amazed at how well they turned out (although I didn't like the 5/8 inch seam allowance...I think that's too much).
Here's Moo Moo trying them on.....they're way too big because he's only 17 months old!
I really liked the design of the pants so I decided to make a smaller version. I wasn't sure how to do this properly so I just made it up. I had some patternmaking paper in my cupboard that Corrie gave me, so I traced the original pattern onto the new paper but I used the seam allowance line as the cut out line and then made the torso section and the leg length shorter.I had some denim in the stash so I used that to make this smaller pair. I added the star for a bit of extra bling....I wanted to put the star on one of the bum cheeks but Mr CurlyPops said that it would look silly, so then I suggested the knee but with Moo Moo's clumsiness, he'd wear away the felt, so it ended up on the front. Note to self - embellish before sewing pants together to make life easier! I encountered a problem with these ones because I didn't fold under the bottom seams twice....
The only quick solution I could find was to pop down to Spotlight and grab some iron on hemming tape.
......and here's Moo Moo modelling for the finale of The Great Pants Challenge!