Wednesday, July 9, 2008

On My Desk ...........on a Wednesday

On my desk today is a funny little project that I finished at about 8PM lastnight (there was nothing to watch on telly)!

While searching through the fabric stash on the weekend, I found a piece of brown velour that I bought at the op shop a while back and I also had this brown cow print fat quarter that I picked up for $1.50 a couple of weeks ago. Moo Moo's daddy is not a big fan of the 70's pants pattern so I thought I'd take it one step further and make a real 70's outfit! Velour pants and a matching personalised bib!

This photo is here to shame me into cleaning up.....this is the aftermath of the great pants challenge, and me trying to find fabric in the stash to make some curtains for my kitchen door!

Don't forget to check Kirsty's blog to see who else is playing along, and you can also join up while you're there!

17 comments:

angelique said...

I love it. Tres groovy!!!

Kirsty said...

I challenge you to keep that kid kitted out in 1970s cool from head to toe. I love it that you're so inspired by his Dad's dislike for the 70s. Go Cam.

PaisleyJade said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Hey, thats cool. Groovy, man!!!

edward and lilly said...

That is wicked, I have a friend who would have loved something like that when her kids were little!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Too cute!

Drewzel said...

You are an unstoppable craft machine!!

muralimanohar said...

Okay, those are ADORABLE.

And I refuse to show my desk. I already sucked it up once and posted my (sortof) cleaned craft room. I'm not going into detail. :lol:

JustJess said...

Brilliant !!

You are too funny. I went to Spotlight today (in NSW - closest one here). Kids were feral, but I kept thinking that there might be something good in the remnants, as you always find something great! Left empty-handed!

Liesl said...

I love the brown velour pants and the bib - they are excellent! Trust me, your pants "aftermath" photo is as-neat-as-a-pin compared to the space where I sew!

Unknown said...

Very impressed with the brown velour & it's re-incarnation as a whole outfit! Totally shakin'

Belinda said...

He he - groovy baby...

mill said...

omg! Those pants look like they are as soft and silky as Spots ;) You are becoming a pants-making expert I see!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I agree - there is NOTHING on tv. Go you for churning these out. These are super cute. Can't wait to see them modelled.

Anonymous said...

That outfit is great! Also, it's a relief to see someone else has a craft space that looks a bit topsy-turvy!

trash said...

loving that whole cow/70s vibe.

Bird Bath said...

very nice....I'm liking the various pants your whipping up - I think the brown velour ones are my favourites!