Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thrifted Tuesday

I had a little outing to my local Vinnies store last week and found myself some bargains


Two sweet little embroidered tablecloths.....


Two vintage teatowels......

Two big bags of yarn (my mum has started knitting too so I'm sharing these with her).....

A big pile of fabric......

....and this book for Mr CurlyPops.... The Sun McEwans Home Handbook.
It has everything an Aussie bloke would ever need to know from 'how to build a fence' to 'gold detecting'.
I've picked out a few of my favourite projects.....
Nice wallpaper, nice shirt, nice lamb chops....
Nice timber panelling......
Nice polystyrene ceiling tiles.....

.....and of course we all need to know how to give ourselves mesothelioma by chopping up asbestos cement sheeting! Scary!



9 comments:

Drewzel said...

Oooh a man with lamb chops! Hold me back!!!

ps. great scores :)

Michelle said...

Isn't it amazing how asbestos is described as a 'basic building material'. Makes me wonder about things we consider to be 'normal' these days that will turn out to be dangerous...mobile phones? Hmmm, sorry, I'm being a bit doomsday...!!!

Stacey said...

I can feel the need for a beer coming on and chest hair is beginning to sprout just looking at that book.
Love the embroidery - always the first thing I look for at the oppy.

Two Peas In a Pod said...

Dont you just love shopping :)
Cheers kyla

Kirsty said...

Excellent Oppping! The home handbook is brilliant.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Great loot! Particularly loving the teatowels. Mmm. Loving them.

Liesl said...

I love the book. I felt all nostalgic when I saw it was published by McEwans - a hardware paradise in its day. I wonder if anyone at Bunnings knows how to paper an arch?!

Reenie said...

Ooh, good op shop finds. I love the fabric.

Gillian R said...

I'm having flashbacks to my good ol' Frankston days, when Saturday morning meant a trip with Dad to McEwans!