Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Blogtoberfest Motherload!

I don't really know where to start with this post.....

I had such a fantastic day out with Cathy yesterday...great company, great food, great op-shopping and lots of laughs were just what I needed!
We visited 4 local op-shops and we're splitting the motherload between the two of us (we figured that then we wouldn't have to argue about who found what first.....and anyway, Cathy can run much faster than me...he he he)

The chicken print was a fabulous find for this great chick...it's right up her alley.

...and these farmyard pillowcases were way too cute to resist.....

I found myself some semi-vintage tupperware containers (there's a nice shot of the art swap letterholder from Shellbells on my kitchen wall)....

These photos only show the motherload that made its way onto my kitchen table. Lets just say that Cathy will be returning at some time very soon in the future to pick up the four boxes of goodies that are in my garage (they wouldn't fit in the shopping basket on this)....and we had to leave something else rather large at the op-shop as we couldn't even fit it in the back of my car with the back seats down. It's something to do with a secret birthday pressie so I can't say any more.

There is nothing better than spending the day op-shopping with crafty friends!



13 comments:

Liesl said...

Goodness me - you must have totally cleared out the local oppies between the two of you. Great haul!! Sounds like a lovely day.

Jenny said...

OMG!!!What a fun day and didn't you get some excellent goodies!!

Kylie Bowers said...

Oh wow looks like you got some amazing finds! Can't wait to see what you create with them!

Cindy said...

Man, I am going with you oppy-ing. I can never seem to find anything or if I do it is ridiculously over priced. Glad to hear the ladies had a fabulous day on the town.

Karin said...

I'm so impressed with all your finds! They are awesome! Wow!

Mc Cranky! said...

i agree, nothing beats op-shopping, especially when such goodies are found. it looks like you two have serious rummaging talent!

Drewzel said...

Whohoo! Score! Sounds indeedily like a great day, and as they always say, "when the going gets tough, the tough go op-shopping!"
Well that's what I say anyway.

Taccolina said...

My toes have curled with envy.
Envy, I say.
What a truly excellent haul.

Gillian R said...

Wow, nothing puts a smile on your face like a bountiful successful op shop trip. Great to hear you had such fun. I'm curious about the big item!

Anonymous said...

what a fab day.........glad u had fun and feeling better..but that stash! I thought u were clearing out!

Anonymous said...

OMG I am totally blown away by your haul! How fantastic what a great day you both had. Better wait a while for them to restock before you go back!!!!!!

Shellbells said...

wow you scored well!! Went op shopping today all day as well will post about it shortly... nice to see my creation in use thanks for showing me!!!

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful fabric... such a great find..