Monday, October 27, 2008

A Week of Nana - day one


Cindy from Bug and Pop has come up with a great theme for this week...... A Week of Nana...

When my nana died a few years back, I received her electric recliner chair. It lives in my loungeroom, in front of the bookcase. The original fabric is not very attractive, so I have it covered with a nice throw rug that I found at the oppy years ago.

When you take the throw rug away, you can see the colour that nana used in her hair.... it's somewhere between blue and purple. I think that's the most special thing about the chair.....


11 comments:

Taccolina said...

Gosh, lovely rug! I can see why you'd want to cover the hair colour... but you know it's there, that's the nice thing.

Michelle said...

if i put blue in my hair at my age people would say i'm far to old for "that look" but when i am old it will all of a sudden BE ok to put blue or purple or even a pink....go figure...
love the special look to the chair it would make me feel warm and fuzzy if it was my grandmas...

Libby said...

My nana had blue hair too!!!

PaisleyJade said...

That's quite cute (the hair stain I mean).

flossy-p said...

I love this so much... the fact that a mauve stain can represent so much.

Karin said...

That is so special. I love it.

Shellbells said...

hey my dear have just posted about my giveaway finally!!! have a great night

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss her blue hair.
She always had bright lipstick as well. And pantyhose every day, she was a hoot!
MooMoos Mummy

Jenny said...

That is such a special chair!

Michelle said...

Nice oppy find, the throw is lovely! The chair looks super comfortable, I bet your nana loved it!

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

I am now having my own Nana missing moment - this is the most beautiful post xxx