Saturday, October 25, 2008

Paper + Glue + Lino + Paint + Food = Fun


I had such a lovely crafty day out today...the time absolutely flew past and before we knew it, we'd cut and printed and painted and glued and eaten lots of yummy food, and then it was time to pack up and make our way home......

I managed to finish two small lino cuts..... the first with some flowers and leaves (of which I've completely forgotten to take a photo) and the second is this star print. I clearly need to work on the amount of paint I'm putting on the print!

Thess are Serena's mushroom and bunny prints (using ezycarve printing blocks)....they didn't work so well with paint but they're fabulous with ink.... hopefully she will have time to post some photos tomorrow.

There was a bit of doiley painting action happening..... and Cathy made some absolutely divine collages (no photos yet...not quite finished)

and another lovely flower lino print and a couple of gorgeous mini collages by Serena...

....potato print on calico by Juddie (not a great photo but this looks fab in real life). I missed getting a photo of Juddie's print cuts...she made a beautiful christmas bauble using ezycarve printing blocks...

We had the most amazing home made pizza for lunch...yum!

This is a sneaky peek of my work in progress collages. I'm going to finish them off tomorrow.

Thankyou so much Cathy for letting us bombard you and your house with all of our crafty mess...and thanks to Ms L for putting up with us too (he he he)!

And I should have included a Smencil link in my last post!


9 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

It was a lovely day. Until next one hey???

Michelle said...

wow that looks like sooo much fun....
i did try the ezy carve lino not long ago with hopeless results...so bad i truely didn't need to blog about it...
your star pattern looks amazing...

Bellgirl said...

Just look at that pizza!

The lino prints look great- I think it's the 'pressing' that's the hard part, I always found it so anyway.

Sandi said...

Wow!!, looks like you all had a fabulous time crafting away there. Love your star print. How yummy does that pizza look mmm mmmm.
Cheers

Reenie said...

It was a fun day, and great to see you again Ms Curly Pops...

Anonymous said...

what a great day it looks like! lucky girls!! that pizza looks very yum indeed

Anonymous said...

looks like fun all round and u r really getting into a whole new area of crafting with stencilling and lino cuts.......great to see

Libby said...

Oh my Goodness, that pizza looks awesome!!!!!
Love lino printing, haven't done it since school but I'm very keen to give it another go. I'm glad all that is going on for you hasn't dampened your creativity.
What a great day!

Jenny said...

What a fun and fabulous day you had!