Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Op-Shopping adventures of CurlyPops & Big Cat

Yesterday Big Cat and I decided to hit the northern suburbs for a spot of op-shopping (at least I think it was the northern suburbs....I'm quite clueless when it comes to geography).
We consulted I Op Therefore I Am and made a list of all the op shops in Thornbury, Reservoir and Preston and then we jumped into the Hyundai with my nonna trolley and off we went.


I found some lovely pillowcases.....


.....a cool butter dish

..... a very cool Savoury Tray with Party Forks just in case I want to serve some hors d'oevres or shrimps at my next party....

This large mens Rip Curl shirt which I am going to chop up to make some summer shorts for my nephews.....
We stopped for a lunch break halfway through the day and had some lovely lebanese pizza which I had never tried before, and then we had yummy cupcakes with icing and sprinkles for afternoon tea.
After lunch, I found my pi'ece de resistance for the day...
I spied this funny little box on the shelf at one of the oppies.
When I opened it up, it had three little drawers....

It's an old Hanimex slide box. I have no idea what I'm going to use it for, but at $4, it was a bargain!
I also bought some books for my nephews but they were already gifted before I had the chance to take some photos.

It's so much more fun to op-shop with friends but next time I think I need to hook up the trailer to the Hyundai before I leave...then we don't have to leave anything behind...he he he



15 comments:

Betty Jo said...

This is a bit tragic, but i think I recognize a few of the pillow cases...well they were from my oppy stomping ground. And i can also think of a million uses for those drawers. Very Cool

Michelle said...

Great finds there, well done you two!

Unknown said...

Those party forks are fabulous - if you were into halloween at all you could use them stabbed into the hearts of gingerbread men! (yikes, I sound evil)

Anonymous said...

wow you guys have had soo much fun! Such wonderful finds!

sewfunky said...

I love the pillowcases... you might want to make a little bag out of them - I made some today and they're on my blog! :) I need to find a good source for them though, my local oppie is useless!

I only wish I was in Melbourne to join you two!

Gillian R said...

Loving the slide box. What great coloured drawers!! Great finds gals. :)

Michelle said...

wow love the box...so amazing...love a good haul from the op shop...

Michelle said...

yeah yeah, op shopping stuff .... but whoah! Lebanese Pizza is fabulous! Yum!

Taccolina said...

Mmm, love those colours on the slide box drawers. Early 80s?

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The slide box drawers are brilliant!! That would be a great storage system for haberdashery supplies - buttons, ribons, floss etc. You could probably put little dividers into each drawer. So many possibilities!! Looks like another highly productive day!

Jenny said...

You two sure know how to have fun-some great finds again!

beadazzledbracelets said...

What a great way to spend a day - love the box I could find heaps of ways to use them, probably would need a few of them

Lauren said...

I love that butter dish...my nana had one just like it

Jacqueline said...

oh my goodness! As soon as I saw Haminex I knew what was coming! that box is FANTASTIC!! I look at slides all day every day and I really think it's time to collect....great finds from your op shopping outing with BC.

Swirlyarts said...

I love the slide box! I would have snapped it up too at that price :)