Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tablecloths and Curtain Rings

I have to move house at some stage in the very near future, so I'm really trying to only use what is already in the stash (hence the curtain rings for these bags).....

I didn't have enough of the vintage tablecloth left for an entire bag, but there was still enough for a couple of fabric panels on either side.

I teamed it with some orange corduroy from a skirt that I had in the stash, and added some vintage sheeting for the inner section. The strap is extra long for some over the shoulder, hands free shopping action. This one is heading off to Liz.

15 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Amazing bag! Reminds me of my mum's tableclothes when I was little!

Liesl said...

Nice use of corduroy! Its a great bag.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I am loving these CurlyPops curtain ring bags. They are fantastic!

Michelle said...

Lucky Liz. I'm loving your bags!

Kirsty said...

Wonderful "use what you have" crafting Cam.

Rachael said...

What did I just do with my comment...???

Anyhoo, lovely bag - lucky Liz.

Pack as early as you can and write on all your boxes - I knew this but given the state of things at the time of our move 2 1/2 weeks ago, I am lucky I remember to pack at all...

Good luck! x

The Essess said...

Finished product looks really good. Well done Curlypops..

Cindy said...

I think I like this one more than the first one. You are doing some cute stuff!

Michelle said...

This is a seriously cool bag! I really like it a lot!

Suse said...

Very jealous of Liz now.

Jodie said...

It looks great - the corduroy is a great idea - nice and tough , it should wear really well. I adore the tablecloth fabric.

muralimanohar said...

What a cool shape.

Betty Jo said...

It certainly pays to get your order in quick smart! I'm looking forward to de-bagging my stuff into the CP's new and improved,funky vintage tablecloth and curtain ring, made with what she had,Recycled and repurposed super Bag!!!!!

Gillian R said...

Wow, you've chosen those fabrics so well. They look fabulous together. Nice thrifting too. :)
Lucky Liz!!

Erin said...

oh my goodness! that bag! it is wonderful-- I love the fabrics and the shape!