Friday, October 10, 2008

Love Fridays & Blogtoberfest & Stencils

It's a beautiful day today...the sun is shining and its time for Love Fridays. Quite a while ago I signed up for the Hoppo Bumpo stencil along. Liesl did all the hard work of researching the correct techniques and scouting out suppliers of freezer paper etc....and I basically did nothing. I promised I would give stencilling a go and then failed miserably!

Then yesterday, an envelope arrived in my letterbox, and lo and behold.....its freezer paper! Liesl very kindly has sent me two different types of freezer paper so that I can get my behind moving and actually stencil something! I'm going to try to find some plain t-shirts today so that I can have a go. I have a very simple design in mind for my first test run. I do have a question though...can the stencil be re-used?

If you'd like to check out some of the participants who have actually managed to keep their stencil along promise, then Liesl has a listing in her side bar.


Another lovely little package also arrived yesterday. Some beautiful fabrics from The Retromummy Shop......don't you just love online shopping! So much for de-cluttering my house.
I'm pretty sure that Corrie is still having a sale on all fabrics as she is also moving house.

For all of you Blogtoberfesters, keep checking out the giveaway list on my sidebar. I've added another thismorning over at Bowerbirdz blog that involves vintage buttons.

I'm off to enjoy the sunshine....have a great day!

8 comments:

Amy Badskirt said...

I'm loving the cute prints you got from RetroMummy. I'm feeling the forest and fairy tale theme oozing out! Can't wait to see what you make with them.

And thanks for managing the blogtoberfest giveaway links! You're a rockstar!

Drewzel said...

You can never ever ever have too much cute Japanese fabric!

Ellieboo said...

No excuse now - you have to start your stencilling! Sadly you cannot reuse your stencils which can be a pain if you have an intricate design - I suppose you progress to screen printing eventually which can be reused over and over (I think). hey but what do i know.

edward and lilly said...

Thanks for the link to retromummy, how great is it!

Anonymous said...

Oh.... you are having another lovely day....that sunshine is way too good

Nikki said...

I'm itchin' to do some freezer-paper stenciling (too many other projects on the go) so I'm watching all you gals stencilling along with Leisl. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

A said...

I just love the red riding hood fabric. I really should buy some instead of feeling jealous every time I see someone else with it....

Michelle said...

it's a full time job keeping up to all the comments i need to put on blogs..with blogtoberfest...as i really don't want to miss anything...
and i love seeing what great things everyone is up to...love the finder for giveaways, but i really am stretching my typing skills getting to them all...