Sunday, October 19, 2008

This is...my favourite movie(s) of all time

I've been thinking and debating about this one for days....

I don't really watch movies any more, as I never really have the patience to sit down for two hours to dedicate to watching. All of the latest things I've seen have been kids movies when I've taken my nephew to the cinema. The only movies I've watched this year are Don't Mess with the Zohan and Wall-E. But of course, I have heaps and heaps of favourites from the 80's and 90's.

I've decided to pick my favourite Aussie movie of all time and my favourite overall movie of all time.


My favourite Aussie movie of all time would have to be The Man from Snowy River. I fell in love with Tom Burlinson and I wanted to go and live in the mountains and ride horses and chase brumbies. It's definitely one of those movies that gives you goosebumps....and the music is magical.

I also had the chance to go and see the Arena Spectacular a few years ago...which was amazing!


My overall favourite movie of all time has to be this classic from the 80's....The Breakfast Club.

I must have watched it at least 100 times. We could all sit in the loungeroom and recite the dialogue all the way through the movie. It was on TV1 on Friday night and I watched the first half hour....and I still remember the words.

Back in the 80's, I took absolutely no notice of the serious message of the film, which was to not judge other people by their stereotype. I wouldn't mind watching it again now just to see if I missed anything else during the first 100 viewings!

Thanks so much to Hollie for inspiring a little bit of 80's nostalgia this week and to Angela for hosting....



21 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

I love the Breakfast Club! Haven't seen it 100 times, but probably at least 50 times. Hubby hasn't seen it, so I might have to find a copy and get him to watch it.

Anonymous said...

Those were the days. I think we watched it every weekend!
I can still do word for word too!
-big sister

Sarah-Jo said...

You've got great taste I love these movies too :)

Anonymous said...

oh I loved that movie too...and a great aussie movie too

Michelle said...

oh i love the breakfast club...i have it on dvd and my other all time favorite is "pretty in pink" which i now have on dvd as well as video and watched so many times it's scary...

Bellgirl said...

I can't commit myself to a movie either these days- if i must watch a DVD, it has to be a 30-min series. I loved the Man From Snowy River- we used to go fly-fishing in the High Country where it was filmed!

ashley said...

the breakfast club is sooo good- i have curled up at so many slumber parties and been stuck to the screen for that one- thanks for the reminder of such happy memories...suddenly have "dont you forget about meee..." {you know the song;)} stuck in my head-yippee
x ashley

SadieandLance said...

You need to go have some breakkie at The Breakfast Club in Northcote!

muralimanohar said...

I watched Breakfast Club again recently, it is was a different cut than I know!! There were little cuts deleted, and others I have never seen before added! What's up with THAT!? Did you Aussies get a different version than us? And WHY?? How bizarre..

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

We'd better have a Breakfast Club girls night I reckon. I love that film.

flossy-p said...

Breakfast Club is the best! In highschool I got my best friend to haphazardly hack off all my hair into a mop shape, like Ally Sheedy's character, so I could blow it up off my forehead like she did! hehehe, and I'm still a dag.

Anonymous said...

and did you get all nostalgic watching lipstick mafia when andrew mc carthy turned up as the rich boyfriend? breakfast club and ferris bueller were my two high school faves. thanks for reminding me and making me smile!

Liesl said...

Great flicks, you've chosen. Love them both, but particularly The Man from Snowy River. I'm always taken with films set in places that I recognise!

Unknown said...

I saw The Breakfast Club when I was about 15 and LOVED it. Judd Nelson was so perfect.

Fast forward 10 or 11 years and I'm teaching 15 year olds and one of my students had a pic of him on her diary. I said, wow, you know what is funny, I did that 10 years ago and I was 12 years too late! She burnt me a copy and put love hearts around Judd Nelsons name! Bless her and her born in 1991ness still getting the good stuff.

Bird Bath said...

oh the breakfast club is a classic! Judd Nelson was my favourite too.
It's rare for me to sit through an entire movie these days - even a dvd at home has to be paused....

Amy Badskirt said...

Yay! We're all part of The Breakfast Club club!!

Megan.K. said...

Breakfast Club - what a blast from the past!

Ruth said...

Oh yes! I love "The Man from Snowy River"!

Ruth xx

Jenny said...

I too loved the Breakfast Club and Man from Snowy River-just a classic!

Drewzel said...

Yep, every teen slumber party I went to, we watched The Breakfast Club! I'm with BigCat, we should have one and watch it (yet) again!

Lilli boo said...

Excellent choices...I too loved loved loved Man from Snowy River....Loved Tom and Sigrid...so wanted to be in Sigrid's shoe's..however taste's have changed somewhat now! The Breakfast Club is one I definitely want to revisit too.